Hi, I’m Cheri and I’m new at this blogging thing! Having reached the age of 62 (which is the new 42, by the way!), I find myself on Facebook often and absolutely hooked on Pinterest. What I have realized, however, is that many of the Pins lead back to lifestyle blogs. These are written by smart, caring and adorable young women in the height of their young married lives. While I love their projects, their hearts and their style; I just felt something was missing in the blogosphere. That something is blogs written by and for those of us Baby Boomers who aren’t wearing polyester pants and sensible shoes yet. I would like to try to start a conversation with others my age and generation, encourage others to blog and share the reality of life as an aging Baby Boomer!
Just the Facts:
- I married the love of my life on March 22, 1977, wearing a Gunne Sax dress (I know most of you will remember them!) I purchased on the clearance rack for $30. We are still in it for eternity and credit our Lord for the blessing our marriage is.
- We have four beautiful children and seven amazing grandchildren.
- I grew up a military brat, so along with college moves and job moves, I have lived in 26 different houses in my lifetime.
- I worked as a nurse and now a social worker, managing a wonderful program called Hope House. Much more on Hope House as we blog along. Check out the Hope House tab for my blogs from there.
- I lost my mother early from breast cancer, so that will color many of my posts. My father died when he was not much older than I am now, so I am an orphan.
- I have one younger brother and one younger sister, whom I love dearly.
- I am a serious and devout Catholic, and am passionate about giving back to those less fortunate in this world.
Please join me on this journey—I promise to blog often—sometimes serious subjects, sometimes just fun. I will even share my feeble attempts at crafts and DIY. I do love to crochet, so will share those as well.